Google Chrome is a web browser which is developed by Google. It is definitely a wonder if you haven’t heard of it before. Recently Google stated that it has 2 billion active users a day, in which 1 billion of them are from mobile. Google Chrome has more than 1 billion downloads in the play store.
All these statistics made Chrome the most popular browser in the world. It is, of course, the most used browser in the world.
Chances are that most of you are reading this article from the chrome browser. If you are using something this often, then it is definitely worth knowing some tricks about it.
The address bar is a bar where we enter the URL of a website to access its web pages. Google Chrome has an address bar at the top. If you have a tall phone like Samsung Galaxy s8, Mi mix 2 or even if it is a 5.5-inch phone, then it is a lot annoying to access address bar. Reaching address bar requires our thumb to stress the maximum it can, which is not a comfortable way.
So, the solution is placing address bar at the bottom. But how?
Set Address Bar to Bottom.
1. Open Chrome browser in Mobile.
2. Copy this address “chrome://flags/” into your Chrome address bar and hit enter. It will take you to Chrome experiments page which has a lot of options to customize your Chrome appearance.
3. Click on three dots on top right corner of the page. Click “find in page” option.
4. Now enter “chrome home “.
5. Now you will see an option “Chrome home” with a drop-down under it.
6. Click on the drop-down and click on “Enabled”.
7. Now a blue button appears at the bottom “RELAUNCH NOW“.
8. Click it. Now Chrome restarts and address bar shifts to the bottom.
In the beginning, address bar at the bottom looks a bit odd, feels little different and uncomfortable. But trust me, I have been using it for months and feels a lot more comfortable than it did before. It is now a lot easier to access the address bar, which makes my browsing speed a lot faster.