* This trick only works with Android version 5.0 and above.
What is Pinning
When enabled, you can lock down your device so the person using it only has access to one app. This is the best feature if you have a naughty friend, who asks your phone for calling and does a lot more than that(checking WhatsApp messages, Facebook chats etc).
How Pinning Works
If you pin an Android Screen (app), it blocks the user from accessing other apps. The user can only use the pinned app. This blocks users from accessing owner’s Facebook chats and WhatsApp messages. When the screen has pinned, no button ( back button, home button, recent tabs) works.
How to Enable it.
On Android 5.0 Lollipop screen pinning isn’t enabled by default. To enable the feature you’ll need to follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your Android device.
- Scroll down until you find the Security option. Tap on it.
- At the bottom of the Security page tap on Screen pinning.
- Slide the switch to the On position.
Now that screen pinning is enabled, you’re able to pin any app to your screen on a whim. The actual process of pinning an app takes two taps and is accessible at anytime. You can only pin the last app you accessed, so before following the steps below, launch the app you’re going to pin.
How To Use Screen Pinning
- Open an App you wanted to pin.
- Open recent tabs, here you will find a new pin logo on every recent tab.
- Just press the pin to pin a screen.
- That’s it, the screen is pinned
How to remove Screen Pin
- Hold the back button for 3 secs.
- The screen will be locked.
- Enter your pasword to unlock the screen.